What is different about Pleasantly Plasma’s Louise Walsh Plasma Pen vs. other Fibroblasting Plasma Pen devices?
Other fibroblasting devices are often referred to as Plasma Pen but are not the actual trademarked, regulated or controlled devices.
Other competitor’s devices can be purchased from China for as little as $10 and are not true plasma technology. At best, they are designed for personal skin tag and mole removal. These pens are not suitable for professional use and can be extremely dangerous. Plasma Pen treatment should only be performed by a trained professional.
What is the Plasma Pen Facial/Full Face rejuvenation?
This is a wonderful treatment for clients with skin conditions like acne, scaring or sunspots -and for those that just want rejuvenation. This treatment is a great way to introduce yourself to the plasma pen. Results have been compared to multiple micro needling sessions leaving skin smoother, tighter, and more balanced looking.
Who Is A Good Candidate For Plasma Pen Skin Tightening?
The best candidates for the Plasma Pen are people who are looking to improve the appearance, volume, and elasticity of their skin and are relatively in good health.
Who Is NOT a Good Candidate For Plasma Pen Skin Tightening?
If you are:
- Experiencing a herpes Simplex Virus Outbreak
- Are Pregnant or breast-feeding
- Have any auto-immune disease
- Use Accutane
- Have an allergy to anesthetic or latex
- Use any anti-coagulant medications
- Have Hemophilia
- Have Hepatitis C, HIV or Aids
- Prone to hyper-pigmentation
- Have a Fitzpatrick Skin Type V or Above
What about my skin color?
Patients with Fitzpatrick skin types V or above are at increased risk for pigmentary changes from the treatment and are not good candidates for plasma pen spot treatment (See Fitzpatrick Skin types pic below). However, any skin color can be treated with the plasma pen spray facial.
Is plasma pen treatment painful?
A topical numbing agent is used and your comfort is important to us. Most clients report little to mild discomfort.
What areas can plasma pen treat?
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Hooded eyelids
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Under eyes lines, bags, wrinkles
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical lines aka lipstick lines around the mouth
How can I prepare for Plasma Pen treatment?
- Hydrate and Eat Clean
- Ideally, use a broad spectrum SPF 50 sunscreen at least 2x a day
- It’s recommend to supplement your diet with Vitamins C, A, E, Magnesium, Copper, Iron and Zinc for 2 weeks prior to your treatment.
- AVOID sun tanning, spray tanning or sunbeds for 3 weeks prior to your treatment.
- AVOID smoking and excessive alcohol intake (This has negative effects on collagen formation)
- AVOID any other treatments in the area such as lasers, chemical peels, fillers, micro needling, Botox for at least 3 weeks
How long is the downtime?
Typically 5-7 days of social downtime. You may experience swelling, weeping and dark carbon crusts.
What downtime can I expect after my Plasma Pen treatment?
Downtime is subjective to many variables and can vary per individual. Proper hydration and nutrition is imperative for optimal results.
- Days 2-4 social down time with redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 5-8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body (anywhere below the neck)
- Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form.
- Scabs normally begin to fall off between days 4-7
Please be aware that the days indicated are simply guidelines for average healing time. Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the after care protocol: drinking alcohol, smoking, picking/scrubbing. If your health is compromised in any way, this can also extend your healing time and negatively affect your results.
How long will the appointment take?
Typically 1-2 hours considering.
How many treatments will I need for one area?
Most clients are happy with just one treatment, though touch ups can be made at the 12-week mark, for a discounted rate if desired.
How long with the results last?
Though every individual is different, results have been known to last 3+ years.
Does plasma pen help with acne scars and sun spots?
Absolutely. Though these area may need multiple treatments, results are phenomenal.
Can I workout?
Not at first, Avoid exercise for at least 72 hours after treatment. Heat, sweat or steam on the area can add to the inflammation that is already present resulting in a freeze of the collagen.
I was born and raised in Chicago and have been enjoying Arizona and the Sonoran dessert since 2000. I’m a wife and mom to two energetic boys and enjoy yoga, hiking and vacationing with my family. I’ve been in the health and beauty world for a little over 20 years and, in 2019 was so intrigued with the plasma pen, the science and the results; I became a little bit obsessed. I immediately received the plasma pen treatment myself and was so thrilled with the outcome, met with the Owner Louise Walsh, trained with Louise herself along with Global Master Trainer Michael Blackham and shortly thereafter Pleasantly Plasma was born September 2019.
I’m a client and Passionate Plasmologist that truly loves helping others. I absolutely love the results the plasma pen offers and I’m honored to be able to help other’s look and feel better about themselves.
Highly recommend Kathy! She has great attention to detail and customer service.